Cultivator own hands: how to do?
As is known, in order to prepare the ground forsowing, it is preliminary required to process it well. It is for these purposes that in the last century such an indispensable and necessary instrument as a cultivator was created. This mechanism will perfectly cope with the functions assigned to it and will greatly facilitate the work of the owners. However, modern devices of this type are worth a lot, so it is not superfluous to think about how to make a cultivator with your own hands. But first you need to find out what advantages this device has.
Advantages of hand cultivators
Similar mechanisms have recently receivedquite a big spread. And it is much more profitable and, of course, it is more pleasant to construct a cultivator with your own hands, without spending extra money on factory equipment.
These devices have a number of advantages. So, with their help it is possible to process the soil even in the most inaccessible places, where any other technique will not be able to perform its task. With the help of a cultivator, it is possible to loosen up the earth perfectly in the area of fences, on flower beds and alpine hills. Such processing will allow plants to receive a sufficient amount of oxygen and, of course, will positively affect their growth.
For a small area,cultivator. It is not difficult to make this mechanism with your own hands, and there will be much benefit from such a device, since sharp teeth will easily cope with the hardened crust where heavy equipment can not pass. This homemade technique will be an excellent addition to the garden equipment and will allow you to forget about tiresome work for ever.
Types of cultivators
The main parameters by which these mechanisms are divided are weight and power. In accordance with this, there are several varieties of cultivators:
- Weight of heavy models is about 60 kg, andpower is within 6 hp. They are equipped with a four-stroke engine and gearbox, which increases the range of useful properties of the mechanism. It is used such a cultivator for minitractor, it will be quite problematic to create it, but it is quite realistic.
- The average samples have basically the sameparts. The difference is that they are equipped with a rear gear, which is extremely necessary for maneuvering in a limited space. Their weight varies from 45 to 60 kg, and power - from 4 to 6 hp. The depth of tillage at the same time is 25-28 cm. This cultivator is often used for the motoblock, it is quite realistic to construct such equipment by oneself.
- The engine of light vehicles has a capacity of 4.5 hp., and the maximum weight is 40 kg. This technique is capable of loosening to the ground to a depth of 15-18 cm. Such models are quite convenient, but their main disadvantage associated with low weight is peculiar jolts when entering the ground.
- Ultra-light devices have power, notexceeding 1.5 hp, and their maximum weight is only 15 kg. The soil with their help can be loosened no more than 8 cm, so the main application area of these devices are flowerbeds and flower beds. Such equipment is easy to transport, and it takes very little fuel.
Criteria for choosing a cultivator
In order to construct a cultivator with your own hands, it is important to take into account the factors that will affect the functionality of the equipment itself.So, the main criteria for choosing these mechanisms are the following:
- Power. The more this indicator is, the higherspeed and at a greater depth the cultivator will work. In addition, do not forget about such a factor as the capture band. If it is broad, then productivity will increase, and processing time will be less.
- The weight. As a rule, the mass of equipment is directly proportional to the power of the cultivator.
- The material from which the knives are made.This element is the main cutting part of the device, so its quality should not be saved. In addition, good steel significantly increases the life of this functional part of the cultivator.
- Reliability of equipment.Depending on the type, the model can have its own merits and demerits, and the most reliable one can be convinced of the practicality of this or that device only during its use.
Manufacture of a hand cultivator
The self-made cultivator can be made by own hands in two ways: with the help of forks and with the use of a frame from a bicycle. Both of these methods are not particularly complicated and quite easy to perform.
The first option involves the use of forks,The teeth of which should be bent like a corkscrew, and then put on a holder made of plastic. A handle of the same material fixed from the upper side can be used as a handle.
Create a cultivator with your own hands from the frame of the bicycle is somewhat more complicated, but absolutely real. In order to build this mechanism, you will need to use:
- bicycle frame;
- material intended for the device head; it can be sharp rods, part of a plow, part of an old cultivator, etc.
First you need to fix the wheel and the head,and the part responsible for controlling the mechanism can be made from the steering wheel. All parts of the device must be welded together and tightly fastened with bolts. With such a sample there will be no problems in operation, and its repair is very simple.
Creating a serrated cultivator
To build such a mechanism, you will need to have the following materials available:
- 5 disks made of steel with a diameter of 30-35 cm;
- rod of the same material with a diameter of 10 mm;
- a special axis 32 cm in length and 15 mm in diameter;
- holder of wood or plastic.
Discs must be equipped with special holes,intended for sharp teeth. These cutting elements are made from steel rod. Then the discs must be mounted on the axle, from the edges of which it is necessary to equip trunnions and bearings.
The work of such a cultivator takes place according to the followingprinciple: the sharp teeth of the device, piercing the ground, remove the layer of soil, thereby loosening it. This not only allows oxygen to penetrate deeper inside, but also helps to remove small weeds. In the event that one of the teeth of the mechanism is damaged, it can always be dismantled and a new one replaced with a welding machine.
Rotary disc type cultivator
Producing, for example, a cultivator formini-tractor with their own hands, it is possible to design a special disk unit, which is used to remove weeds, to break ground clods, loosening, etc. The main difficulty in the process of installation may arise with the arrangement of disks, which must have a non-planar rather than a convex shape. To achieve this, you can use a hammer, several times hitting the workpiece to give it the desired appearance.
The process of creating such equipment is non-standard, it differs in some features and should proceed according to the following scheme:
- The disks must be welded to the bushings on the axis, and their ends should be firmly fixed in the brackets.
- In the largest of them it is necessary to equip the ledge, through which the pipe equipped with a crossbar must pass.
- Next, the rod is welded to the smaller of the staples. It is necessary to screw in the rod, part of which must necessarily protrude above the crossbar.
Correctly having executed all actions, to create such cultivator by own hands does not make the big work.
The process of manufacturing a cultivator for a motoblock
Very often this mechanism is used on such an economic means of movement as a motor-block. Thanks to this, the process of tillage will become easy and does not take much time.
In order to construct a cultivator for a motor block with your own hands, you need to have the following construction tools available:
- a circular saw of a manual type complete with disks to it;
- welding machine;
- 2 sanding elements with different degree of abrasiveness;
Materials for manufacturing should be as follows:
- made of stainless steel plate, having a square shape and section of 15x15 cm;
- rectangular elements with parameters of 12x4 cm, made of the same material (for machine cutters);
- pipe made of steel;
- Fasteners (bolts and nuts).
To construct a cultivator by own hands for a tractor of the reduced type it is necessary as follows:
- Each of the squares should be equipped with a hole, and then on both sides connect it with cutters by means of bolts and nuts.
- The received design should be fixed to the base, and welding is not recommended, as the desired strength of the connections with it can not be achieved.
- Similar actions must be performed with all the squares.
- After the manufacturing of the working part, it is necessary to make a hole, which will correspond to a pipe made of steel in diameter.
- The part needs to be cut in half and then with the help of welding, fix the elements of the running gear with the cutters from each of its sides.
This is the manufacture of the cultivator for the motor blockcan be considered finished. As it becomes clear, there is no particular complication in such work, but it is extremely important to strictly follow the procedure of actions and to acquire all necessary tools and materials in advance.
Rules of cultivator maintenance
How to make a cultivator with your own hands, wefigured out. However, it is important to know not only the algorithm of actions for its manufacture, but also the rules of operation. So, the main task is to maintain the working capacity of the driving mechanism. Before starting work with the machine, first check the oil level. Here, too, we should not forget that the quality of the fluid used for lubrication of the engine's parts in many respects affects the operation of the equipment, so it is important to replace it in a timely manner, avoiding clogging of the internal parts of the device.
In the event that the equipment is notUsed for more than one month, it needs to ensure good storage conditions. To do this, you must first work out all the gasoline, thoroughly clean the engine surface and all the functional parts of the mechanism. To avoid damage to the parts of the electrician of the cultivator, it is not recommended to use a strong head of water for cleaning. To protect against corrosion, the metal elements of the device must be lubricated with a small amount of oil, and the milling cutters should be wiped with a cloth soaked in it. Storage conditions provide the maintenance of the device in a dry and clean room.
Observance of all the above operating rules will allow the technician to serve for a long time, regularly and without any serious breakdowns.