Eczema varicose: how to protect yourself from this ailment?
Jul 13, 2018
In our world, there are more than hundreds of thousands of diseases that weigh people.Some of them can be cured, others - they turn into a chronic form.Some of them lead to complications.Varicose eczema is a disease that is in itself a complication that arose after a chronic circulatory disturbance in the veins of the limbs.Eczema varicose leads to changes in the skin and requires careful and special treatment.
- Varicose eczema: causes
- Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Treatment of eczema varicose
- Prevention measures
Varicose eczema: causes
Varicose eczema occurs in people of different ages and sexes.And despite the terrible form, this disease is not contagious.Often this type of eczema is characterized as erythema, which is caused by the deterioration of venous blood flow in the vessels or due to the thrombosis of the internal deep veins.
The disease usually affects the skin around the varicose veins, extending to the ankles.This disease most often affects the lower extremities.It is the stagnation of blood that provokes the appearance of varicose eczema.
Congestive dermatitis is the second name of the disease.This is a chronic disease of the skin.Such eczema leads to irreversible changes in the skin due to a lack of venous outflow of blood.And this is the main cause of varicose eczema.
Against the backdrop of varicose veins, this eczema occurs as a consequence of stressful situations, neurotic conditions, viral infection and defeat by a pathogenic fungus.Sometimes varicose eczema affects exactly those areas of the skin where there are wounds, sores, abrasions.
The provocation of the appearance of the disease can be the impact of external factors, for example, an allergy to detergents, to tissues, cosmetics, clothing.
The risk group for the possible appearance of varicose eczema includes people who are prone to sedentary lifestyles, who are predisposed to the appearance of edema and who have numerous extra pounds.
- Age of patients over 50 years old
- Female gender
- Multiple pregnancy, its severe course
- Obesity and obesity
- Cardiovascular diseases and pathologies
- Leg injuries, including superficial
- Presence of infectious and fungal diseases
- Genetic predisposition
- Disturbances in the functioning of the nervous system
- Disorders in the endocrine system
- LowTh level of immunity
- Dermatological diseases
There are reasons that enhance skin changes, which lead to increased skin modification in case of eczema damage, making the process irreversible and not treatable:
- Improperly selected cosmetics
- Food additives, preservatives and colorings
- Footwear made of rubber
- Wool of domestic animals and things made of wool
- Aggressive environment
- Insect bitesvotnyh
All this against the background of varicose veins, thrombophlebitis and venous blood flow disturbances leads to stasis dermatitis( varicose eczema).
About the causes and treatment of varicose veins, you can learn from the program Live Healthily with Elena Malysheva.
Symptoms and Diagnosis
This lesion has its own characteristics in the symptomatology.Symptoms of varicose eczema can not be confused with other signs of disease.
One of the main symptoms of the disease can be lipodermatosclerosis - the inflammatory process of the skin and soreness from the touch.
The skin of the extremities becomes inflamed, itching, scaling, spots in the area of the modified veins.Often palpation causes pain.
Itching often becomes obtrusive, impassable.Itching is accompanied by secretions, the formation of crusts, seals.When combing, sometimes there are wetting spots that dry up, form scales.
To the itch, redness of the skin is attached.Often this redness can turn blue and darken.This is the main sign of the difference between varicose eczema and the true.
When the varicose eczema changes into a chronic form, the skin becomes thickened, rough, dark.Occasionally a secondary infection joins, complicating the course of the disease.This course of the disease is sometimes complicated by trophic ulcers.
The complicated course of varicose eczema in a chronic form exacerbates the sclerosis of the epidermis and cellulose, which separates the upper layer of the skin from the muscle tissue.
To properly diagnose an ailment, a routine medical examination by a dermatologist or phlebologist is often enough.The basis of the examination is the collected history and visual examination.
The uniqueness of the symptoms will not allow confusion of varicose eczema with another disease.Additional measures for diagnosis are routine tests and special testing.Sometimes it is necessary to conduct allergic tests to identify irritants aggravating the course of the disease.
Treatment of eczema varicose
Varicose eczema, which is a complication of the underlying disease, requires a special approach to treatment.First, treatment of the disease is required, because of which this eczema appeared.
Treatment requires a special approach and is the following scheme:
- Need for improvement of blood circulation.
- Use of topical steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in the form of creams or ointments to improve the condition of affected areas of skin.
- Mitigation of the epidermal tissues.
- You can use the methods of traditional and traditional medicine.Any treatment of the disease must be authorized by the attending physician.Self-medication can become a threat of deterioration.
Treatment of congestive dermatitis includes:
- Means for moisturizing and softening the skin.These are soap substitutes, essential oils, special cream based on goat milk, panthenol, sheep and marmot fat.
- Steroid cream.This means using glucocorticoids, hormones, antiseptics and anesthetics, which is prescribed by a doctor.
- Compression underwear.These are hosiery, which improve blood circulation in the limbs.This underwear is made of a specially designed composition of threads.Wear these products all day, taking off during the evening shower for the night.
- Antihistamines.Assign to exclude the occurrence of irritating factors aggravating the course of varicose eczema.These drugs relieve itching and swelling of damaged tissues.Gradient vacuum therapy.
- .This special sleeve with the help of special pneumatics produces a withdrawal of lymph, stimulating its outflow.
- Alternative Therapy.To do this, use special dietary supplements, homeopathic remedies, vitamins, herbs, physiotherapy.
- Physical exercises.If necessary, the doctor will prescribe special exercises to improve blood circulation.Movement is the key to improving the condition.
But any treatment should be under the supervision of a specialist.Only a doctor can prescribe therapy.
Naturally, a healthy lifestyle and avoidance of bad habits, diet and personal hygiene will help to maintain health.This is a certain line of protection against varicose eczema.
Additional measures to prevent the disease are:
- Proper care of your body
- Good nutrition
- Maintaining immunity
- physical activity
- Complete rest
- Disclaimer clothes made of synthetics and wool
- Heavy drinking
The large number of vegetables and fresh fruits in the diet, the use of large volumes of liquid in the diet are not unimportant measures.But it is necessary to avoid edema and monitor the work of the urinary organs.
Preventive measures are the control of the humidity of the room, limiting contact with irritants, including the rejection of crushing clothing.It is necessary to avoid increased sweating, overheating, temperature changes.And most importantly - a calm and measured life without stress.
As you can see, varicose eczema is better prevented than treated.Therefore, in the earliest stages of the disease, you must always consult a doctor.