How often should I wash my hair?
Are you concerned about your hair? Are they dry and brittle or fatty and heavy? With the help of proper hair care, you can bring them into a beautiful and decent look. So, how often do I wash my hair?
Experts recommend washing your hair as it goespollution, that is, with the appearance of the first signs of contamination (greasiness, itching of the skin). How fast is the head getting dirty? It depends on many factors, but mainly on the type of your hair:
- Normal and healthy hair shine in the sun,easy to comb, they are durable and do not split. If you have such hair, then they look fresh for 2-3 days, wash your head no more often 2-3 times a week.
- Faded to fatty hair have a dull sheen,stick together, seem greasy a few hours after washing. If you have such hair, then you need to wash your head much more often than in the first case, usually daily and even several times a day. Be sure to use special masks - heal the hair.
- Dry hair is very confused, hardcombed, they are dull and brittle, severely cut. Usually, such hair becomes after frequent staining or perm. If you have such hair, then your head looks clean for a week, you need to wash it 1-2 times a week, while you must be engaged in treatment and strengthening of hair.
- Mixed hair type. Usually it is fatty hair on the roots, but dry on the tips. Since they often have to be washed, the tips begin to be severely cut.
Tips: how to wash your hair
- Before washing the head, the hair must be thoroughly combed.
- Use care products for your hair type only.
- The head should be washed with warm water, in no case by boiling water, and rinse off the balm or mask better with cool water.
- Shampoo should be poured into the palm, it is desirable to dilute it with water and then apply to the hair.
- When washing your head, massage the scalpwith your fingertips, with your fingernails, so you will not damage it. Thanks to massage movements, the blood flow to the hair follicles will increase, the hair will receive more nutrients, and the grease and dirt will be better removed.
- If one application of the shampoo is not enough, wash the head again.
- When washing with shampoo (or other means forwash), pay much attention to the roots of hair and scalp, especially the areas of the forehead and temples. They are the most polluted, and the tips of hair are washed and during the washing-off of the detergent. Balsam, on the contrary, apply more abundantly to the tips of the hair, so that they have enough moisture, and the roots do not need to be applied at all, so they will stay fresh for longer. It is especially important to follow this advice if you have a fatty or mixed type of hair.
- Very carefully wash off the shampoo, balm, on the contrary, can not be washed off completely.
- Use air conditioners, balms and masks,suitable for your hair type. The conditioner promotes easy combing and makes the hair more docile, balms and masks improve the structure of the hair, so do not use the balm and mask at the same time.
- Do not rub your hair, just pat them with a towel.
- Dry hair better naturally.
When you think about the question of howyou can often wash your hair, remember: the more you wash it, the more active the sebaceous glands will work and the faster the hair will get dirty. And at the same time, if you often dry your hair with a hair dryer and do the styling, it can cause the hair to dry out. It is better not to accustom your head to very frequent washing.
In other articles about hair care you can find out: how to wash your head instead of shampoo; what to do if the hair quickly fats; which is the best shampoo.
Now you know how often you need to wash your hair. Do not pay attention to the different opinions about daily washing your head. If your hair needs it, then wash it with a suitable for frequent use.