Watch the video
There is a huge number of recipes from herring. It is equally good as an independent dish, and as a component of various salads and fish rolls. However, not all housewives are able to properly clean it of numerous bones, spoiling all the pleasure of eating this fish.
How to clean herring?
In order to quickly and without unnecessary nerves to clean the herring will need:
- cutting board;
- spicy fillet knife;
- paper towels or clean paper;
- waste package.
- The first step is to prepare the field of activity. Several layers of paper should be laid out on the kitchen board, which will absorb the grease and make it easier to collect waste and wash the table later. Immediately it should be noted that the old newspapers are absolutely not suitable for this purpose, because printing ink contains lead,which is pretty poisonous. Kitchen towels laid out in several layers would be ideal. Or, at worst, a pair of blank sheets of paper for the printer will fit.
- The process of cutting itself begins with the fact that a herring's head is cut off with a well-ground knife. There are options for cutting, which describes how to clean the herring with the head and remove it last, but this method is best recommended.
- Then we remove the pectoral fins and separate the strip of the abdomen with two incisions. Using a knife and napkins carefully scrub the insides.If the herring came with caviar, then it should be carefully separated from the viscera, cut into small pieces and put on a plate. By the way, fish with caviar most often turns out to be more delicious and has less bones in it than in herring with milk.
- Next, dissect the skin with a knife in the direction from the head to the tail, bypassing the dorsal fin on both sides. The knife at the same time can be kept cutting edge up for a more even cut.
- Next, proceed to the removal of the skin - it should be gently pushed with a knife in the head, and firmly holding his fingers towards the tail. Need to pull a little at an angle, pulling off the skin as a stocking.
- After the skin is removed, remove the dorsal and anal fins.
- Then we proceed to the most crucial stage - the extraction of the spine and ribs. Fingers should split the pulp on the back to the spine.If the herring was fresh, then it will be divided into two neat parts, and not turn into unappetizing mush.
- Properly clean the herring, separating the fillets from the bones, should be without the help of a knife, using only your hands. To do this, in the direction from tail to head, hold the thumb along the ridge, dividing the fish intohalves. In the same way remove the spine.
- In the end, all that remains is to remove the ribs from the obtained fillet pieces. This can be done if you bend the plate and pull out the bones with your fingers. Although some housewives use tweezers for this purpose.
- A carcass brushed from skin and bones should be cut into small portions. To do this, cut the fish better slightly at an angle, which helps to identify the remaining bones. The parts in front of the head and tail are best thrown away, as they contain a mass of small bones that are very difficult to remove.