How to connect the TV to WiFi?
Watch the video
When the TV is connected to the Internet, you get the opportunity to watch videos and videos online, use various services and applications using the TV screen, participate in social networking activities, etc.
Before you start, make sure that your TV supports Smart TV technology and has the ability to connect to the Internet. Below are the options for connecting a TV with built-in Wi-Fi and using a Wi-Fi adapter.
How to connect a TV with built-in Wi-Fi
The connection method is described for Samsung TVs, but in general, the sequence of actions remains the same for most models from different manufacturers.
At the beginning of work, make sure that you have a wireless network running, to learn how to connect various devices with it, read our article - How to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
After you have verified that the network is working properly, follow these steps:
- Using the remote control, enter the “Menu” of the TV, then open the “Network” tab, and in it “Network Status”. Here you need to check the connection settings.In the “IP Settings” column, the “Receive automatically” indicator should be on, and the IP address and DNS network are displayed in the tab field.
- If the data is not reflected, specify the settings of the router: whether dynamic network configuration of the network node (DHCP) is enabled on it.
- In the "Network Settings" tab, click the "Start" button.
- After the search procedure, the list of routers in the access area will be displayed.
- Choose your own Wi-Fi network and click next.
- Enter a password that protects access to your network, then a valid key entry will be verified and a connection will be made.
- Open the browser located on the TV monitor and use the internet connection provided by Wi-Fi.
How to connect a TV using a Wi-Fi adapter
It so happens that the instruction to the TV mentions the possibility of connecting the device to the network, while it is not completed with built-in Wi-Fi. This information is better to check with the seller to avoid surprises when setting up.
If the TV needs a special adapter, you need to purchase it separately. Such models are found in some brands, including LG.Externally, Wi-Fi looks like a drive, popularly referred to as a “flash drive”, with the same USB connection that needs to be placed in one of the corresponding connectors on the back of the TV.
After the system finds the newly connected equipment, enter the TV menu, then open the “Settings” tab, and after “Network” and “Network Setup”. In the window that appears, the “Wireless” connection option should be available.
There are several ways to configure a connection in this tab.
- Choose an access point belonging to your home network and enter the password that provides access.
- Select from the list of options offered by the TV, WPS mode. Then the connection will be made automatically. At the same time, your router should also support this function.
- If you do not want or do not have the opportunity to establish a standalone connection to the Internet, you can try to synchronize the TV with a computer, for this, select the Ad-hoc option in the TV control menu.
What to do if the connection does not occur
It often happens that the wireless connection can not be connected due to problems with the router.In this case, you must enter the IP address and configure it manually. Here's how to do it right:
- Turn off the DHCP function on the router panel.
- In the TV menu in the Network Setup tab, select the Manually Adjust command.
- Enter the gateway address and other parameters assigned to the network. You can find this data on a computer or other device that is already connected to your home network. To do this, follow the following path: Network connections ⇒ Home network ⇒ Status ⇒ Details.
After the TV system receives these parameters, it usually finds the network, which means that you get the opportunity to use the Internet right through the TV screen.
Thus, there are several ways to connect the TV to the network, so you can choose the most understandable and convenient for you.