How to connect wired internet?
Today we can use a variety of methods and methods of connecting to the Internet: mobile, satellite, wireless network in the subway, as well as wired fiber-optic Internet. But of all types of connection it is wired internet that is still considered the most stable and fast. Therefore, many people connect the wired Internet at home, so as not to be dependent on the coverage, obstacles and workload of wireless networks.
However, not every new user knows how to connect the wired Internet independently. Consider this question in more detail.
Wired internet connection
There are several options for connecting wired internet in your apartment:
- Internet via telephone line.
- Internet over fiber.
Consider each separately.
To connect yourself to the Internet via a telephone line, you do not need to pull the wires through the whole apartment. It is enough to find out whether your telephone operator provides Internet services.If so, in order to connect it, you need:
- Connect the Internet service from the telephone provider.
- Buy a special divider that will divide the phone line on the phone and the Internet.
- Buy a modem or router. Here it is important to understand that it is necessary ADSL-modem or a router, because only they have the necessary input for the telephone wire.
- Connect the wire to the modem or router from the distributor, then connect the computer to the modem or router and set up the connection.
- Check the availability of the Internet on devices.
A dial-up connection can be made by the master from the provider of your phone. He can also provide all the necessary equipment to rent or sell. However, this Internet will depend on the equipment of your provider. If the equipment is bad, the data transfer rate will be low.
Fiber-optic Internet is today considered the most reliable and fast Internet. Cases of technical malfunctions are very rare, and the data transfer rate exceeds any other type of Internet and depends only on the selected tariff. Often, even this kind of Internet is also cheaper than any other.To connect to such a wired internet, you need:
- Choose a suitable provider that can connect the Internet in your home. It is necessary to take seriously the choice of the provider, because if he has a lot of negative reviews, then you will probably also have some problems with the Internet after connecting. Among other things, you should always look to the tariffs and promotions offered by the provider.
- Choosing a provider, you need to call the company and leave a request for Internet connection. You will not be able to independently stretch the fiber around the house, so you have to agree with the master and choose a convenient time for his work.
- After wiring the fiber, you can continue to act independently, but the master can help to conduct the wire around the apartment and connect to the computer.
- If you are going to connect other devices besides the computer. buy a router or rent from your provider. If not, then you can simply plug the fiber optic cable into the computer and use the Internet.
This Internet is reliable and fast, but you have to run a wire around the apartment and hide it so that it does not interfere.