How to cook a charlotte with apples in a slow cooker
Charlotte is a sweet dessert based on sponge dough and sour apples. Prepares quickly from the available products, especially in the slow cooker.
The origin of the apple pie remains unknown, there are only assumptions. According to one of the versions, pastries appeared during the reign of Queen Charlotte, who bred apple orchards. According to the second version, a skilled chef, whose name remains unknown, called his culinary creation in honor of his beloved woman Charlotte.
It doesn't matter where and when the treat was created. The main thing is that every hostess can quickly reproduce the masterpiece at home. And the appearance of the multicooker has further simplified the procedure.
The energy value of charlotte is 150-210 kcal per 100 grams.It cannot be said that these are transcendental figures, but the usual feast is not limited to one piece. If you want to make a slim figure or are afraid to increase the weight, eat dessert wisely, in small portions.
Useful tips before cooking
A charlotte made according to the classic recipe is a light and tasty cake that combines sponge dough and sour apple filling. In the modern interpretation, berries or fruits are added to the composition, and other products besides sugar, flour and eggs are added to the dough. If you plan to bake in a multicooker a soft, airy and incredibly tasty charlotte, listen to the following tips.
- Traditionally used sour apples. If a sweet variety is available, add a handful of currants, cranberries, or a little lemon zest.
- Peel off apples is optional. Do it if it is dense. I recommend sprinkling apples with lemon juice. As a result, they will become more fragrant. When using berries, do not overdo it, otherwise the dough will turn out too wet.
- The basis of the delicacy is the biscuit dough. To add extra flavor to the taste, I recommend adding a bit of vanilla, cinnamon, mint, coffee or cocoa.
- At some housewives during baking charlotte burns. To avoid a similar fate, use a small amount of margarine, butter or sunflower oil. Grease the bowl with a silicone brush. This will help evenly distribute the oil.
- When baking, do not open the slow cooker, otherwise the cake will settle. After completing the program, wait for the dessert to cool, then reach for it. Decorate the rosy surface with berries, powdered sugar or cream.
The technology of baking in a slow cooker has long gone beyond the standard recipe, so do not be afraid to experiment and feel free to include new ingredients.
For me, apple pie is a trip to childhood. The incredible aroma together with the unforgettable taste reminds of the times when the family gathered in the evening in the kitchen and received the unique culinary impressions that charlotte and tea brought.
- Egg - 3 pieces.
- Sugar - 1 cup.
- Apples - half a kilo.
- Flour - 1 cup.
- Rinse the apples with water, peel and cut the flesh into cubes.
- Combine the fruit with sugar, beat with a mixer until foam appears, add flour, mix and re-beat.
- Put the stuffing into the oiled tank of the multicooker, spread the dough on top.
- Close the appliance, activate the baking program, set the timer to 60 minutes. At the end of the program, gently turn the cake over and turn on the timer for 20 minutes. As a result, the apples will be on top and become pink.
Cool the finished charlotte a little and serve it along with fruit compote, tea or cocoa. However, other drinks will do.
Magnificent charlotte in the Redmond multicooker
Cooks who cook apple pie in the oven believe that it is impossible to achieve pomp in the slow cooker. This is not true. Using the “Redmond” device for a short time would make an excellent dessert. The following recipe proves it.
- Flour - 150 g
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Apples - 2 pcs.
- Sugar - 100 g
- Cinnamon - 1 pinch.
- Butter, baking powder.
- Rinse fruit, peel and chop into thin slices.
- Beat yolks and whites in separate containers, combine, add sugar and whisk in addition.
- Sift flour, add baking powder and, after mixing, gradually add to the egg mixture, mix again.
- Put all ingredients into a greased container and mix to distribute the filling. After closing the lid, activate the baking program for an hour.
Charlotte, like manna, turns pale, so use sugar powder, grated chocolate, sprigs of mint, berries or fruit slices for decoration.To add color, combine jewelry options.
Tasty recipe in the Polaris multicooker
Many hostesses like the recipe in the Polaris multicooker, because the dessert cooked in it preserves its excellent taste for a long time. And if you add a little cream, from a usual cake the delicacy will turn into a star of a feast.
- Sour apples - 3 pcs.
- Sugar - 200 g
- Flour - 200 g
- Eggs - 5 pcs.
- Vanilla sugar and powdered sugar - 1 bag.
- Butter - 50 g.
- Cinnamon - 1 pinch.
- Separate the whites from the yolks. In a deep bowl, combine the whites with the sugar and whip into a foam. Continue to beat, add the sifted flour and yolks. After the quenching ingredients dissolve, enter the vanilla sugar and mix.
- Put a piece of butter in the container, start the baking mode, put the apple slices, sprinkle with sugar and fry on both sides for 10 minutes. Do not close the lid.
- Pour the fried fruit with dough, add cinnamon, close the lid and activate the baking mode for an hour.
- Open the lid, wait a few minutes for the moisture to come out, take out the cake and decorate with powdered sugar.
Some hostesses do not caramelize apples, fearing to spoil the bottom of the container. If you are one of them, but you want to try the recipe in practice, replace the sugar with powder, melt with butter on the stove, and then fry the fruit in the resulting mixture.
Cooking in the Panasonic Multicooker
Over the years, the classic recipe has been greatly simplified, with the result that the apple charlotte has fallen into the category of the simplest in the preparation of pastries.
- Apples - 3 pcs.
- Eggs - 4 pcs.
- Flour - 2 cups.
- Sugar - 1 cup.
- Cinnamon - 0.25 teaspoon.
- Soda - 0.25 teaspoons.
- Vinegar - 0.25 teaspoons.
- Butter - 10 g.
- In the deep bowl, beat the eggs, beat with a mixer until a small foam. In the egg mixture, add sugar, re-beat.
- Gradually add flour, sprinkle with cinnamon. Mix the base well to make the consistency bulky. To add fluffiness, add hydrated soda.
- After rinsing apples, remove the skin, cut the core, chop the flesh finely.
- Put fruit in a greased multicooker tank and pour dough. Close the lid and activate baking mode for 65 minutes.
- Put the fried side up on a plate.
In the preparation of the most difficult stage - waiting. For a beautiful view, sprinkle with powder or decorate with fruits or berries.
Some cooks add cocoa powder to the dough, others use a mixture of vanilla and cardamom, and others do not represent charlotte without cinnamon. And although the result is different, everyone loves baking. Bon Appetit!