How to cook a tasty solyanka?
Solyanka - a dish of Russian cuisine - is known far beyond the borders of our Motherland. This soup is cooked in stewed broth with spices. Due to lemon and olives, the solyanka acquires a piquant and peculiar taste.
Let's take a look at how to make a delicious hodgepodge. Even the novice hostess can handle this recipe.
Meat Solyanka Recipe
Solyanka is prepared on meat, fish or mushroom broth. The most delicious, perhaps the first. We will consider it.
To prepare you will need:
- beef on the bone (for broth) - about 1 kg;
- 3-4 medium potatoes;
- 1 onion;
- 1 carrot;
- noodles (about ½ small cups);
- 100–150 g of smoked sausage (“Krakow” is best suited, but you can also take sausage or salami);
- pitted olives or olives;
- vegetable oil;
- salt, spices.
Cook the broth
Wash the meat with cold water and put it on the stove at maximum heat. When water boils, remove scale with a special spoon, reduce heat, salt and cover the pan with a lid.Boil the broth to 1, 5 - 2 hours (you can cook it the day before, and the next day to fill).
- Peel, wash and chop the potatoes in small pieces (see the piece fit on the spoon), put everything in the soup (except for the spoon, of course).
- Peel and finely chop the onion (it is better to chop it in a blender, but if it is not there, you can manually: cut the tails, place the onion on the board in cuts down and up and cut it first, then turn the bulb to the side and continue in this position - this secret allow you to quickly and finely chop the onion).
- Peel and grate carrots. For beauty, you can leave a few pieces, cut into circles.
- Fry in vegetable oil first onion (until golden brown), then add carrots there. Cook 5-10 minutes. Then put in the soup.
- Finely chop the smoked sausage into strips, put in the soup.
- There also send vermicelli, stir.
- After 25-30 minutes, check if the potatoes have cooked (pierce it with a knife - it should be soft; otherwise cook more).
- If everything is in order, cut the washed lemon into slices (straight with the peel), olives (also into slices) and put in the soup.Turn off the heat and let the soup stand on the stove for 5 minutes.
- Pour the soup into plates, sprinkle with spices, add for the beauty of a couple of whole olives and a slice of lemon. You can also add a spoonful of mayonnaise.