How to drive a car from Germany?
Germany has long been famous in Russia for its high-quality cars. It is inexpensive to buy a German car in its homeland, but do not rush to relax! After you choose and are ready to buy a car, you are faced with a solution to a very difficult and sometimes nervous question: how to drive a car from Germany?
As a detailed acquaintance with this issue, we suggest you read a couple of stories about how two people drove their cars from Germany. You can read them by clicking on the following links:
Mostly written stories will help you to grasp the very essence of this issue, well, we will briefly gather information together and tell you how to drive a car from Germany.
How to drive a car to Russia
- The importation of a car into the country implies the obligatory passage of the procedure for customs clearance. And the size of the state duty that you have to pay depends on different parameters: the age of the car, the engine size, the cost on the market.As a rule, the older the car, the more you need to pay for customs clearance. You can find out at least the approximate price of the question on the official website of customs, where you can find a special calculator.
- So, you know how much you need to pay for the car, and are ready to do it. Just in case, carry with you an extra amount for unforeseen expenses (what they can be, you will learn by reading the proposed stories). What's next? If you have the opportunity to connect to help friends or specialized organizations, use this. Save your time and nerves. They can help you organize your trip to Germany and collect the necessary documents. With proper planning of your actions and time, after 10 days you will be able to dissect a German car on Russian roads.
- You will need to leave a customs deposit before you leave for Germany. Its cost is equal to the cost of customs duty, which in the future will need to pay.
- After paying the deposit, you will receive a temporary visa allowing you to enter Germany.
- When drawing up documents for the purchase of a car, please indicate that you will take it to Russia. So you can write off the VAT and thereby save money.
- After buying a car, examine it well and see how it is possible. You do not want to break down and "get up" on the road with a new car in a foreign country? In parallel, but rather in advance, consider the route by which you will return home.
- After returning home and resolving all issues related to the payment of customs duties, go to the road inspection department and put the car on record.
Here is a schematic algorithm for how to drive a car from Germany. In fact, everything turns out to be more difficult, various details come up, minor problems may appear, therefore, in addition to enough time and money, be patient and ready to solve possible problems. Good luck!