How to eat Caesar salad?
"Caesar" - one of the most popular salads in the world. Many know how to cook it, except that not everyone knows how to eat a Caesar salad, with which other dishes and drinks it can be combined and how to serve it.
Garnish for Caesar Salad
All existing recipes for "Caesar" differ mainly in garnishes. After all, the basis of "Caesar" - is a juicy lettuce leaves and a special savory dressing. Everything else is a side dish.
The traditional side dish, which should be present in this salad by default, is croutons. But the croutons are special - crunchy garlic croutons. They are made from baguette cut into small cubes, which are then fried in hot olive oil with garlic.
Extra side dish - chicken breast, shrimp or red fish. Chicken meat is first beaten off, then fried and cut into thin strips across the fibers. Shrimps for garnish to "Caesar" take only fresh. They are pre-cleaned and then fried or grilled. Salmon or trout roast in large pieces and placed on top of lettuce leaves.
What is "Caesar": a combination with other dishes
- This salad is very tasty by itself. Therefore, for a traditional dinner it will be enough to serve "Caesar" with any vegetable soup.
- If dinner passes without first courses, then cook for the second fish or pasta with vegetables.
- Seafood will also be a good addition to Caesar, if it already does not include shrimps or anchovies.
- Classic Caesar goes well with any meat, fried to a crisp or baked in foil, as well as with potatoes.
- In some restaurants, Caesar is served with toasted croutons, so you can also use this addition to this salad.
- Of the drinks - wine, white semi-sweet or dry. Red wine is also acceptable if the salad is served with meat, not with poultry or fish.
Any salad is an appetizer, and Caesar is no exception. Therefore, choose strong drinks according to the situation. Wine, brandy, whiskey and other alcohol should be combined, first of all, with the main dishes, and not with the Caesar salad.
How to eat a Caesar salad: etiquette rules
As for etiquette, the meal with "Caesar" should be held according to the general rules.It is eaten with a fork and knife. Fork (fork in the left hand!) Take a small amount of lettuce, helping yourself with a knife. Large leaves of green lettuce can first be cut with a knife into small pieces. Another permissible option is to wind the lettuce leaves onto a fork, if you manage to do it neatly and gracefully.
However, a fork and a knife are for a restaurant or dinner at a formal reception. At home, it is not forbidden to do without a knife and there is a "Caesar" only with a fork.
How to serve Caesar
You can cook one of the variants of "Caesar" with the selected side dish and serve it as an ordinary salad. And you can make the basis of the salad - greens, croutons and dressing, and in addition to submit various side dishes: chicken, shrimp and fish. Then your guests will be able to "assemble" their own version of "Caesar" by themselves.
All components of the salad must be chilled or the same temperature! And one more important point - to serve the Caesar salad immediately after its preparation - only in this case, the croutons will remain crispy, and the salad will not lose its savory taste.