How to flash LG?
Watch the video
LG produces a lot of popularsmartphones running on the Android operating system. It offers the user a wide range of devices, among which everyone will be able to choose a great option in both technological and financial terms. But it is worth considering that "smart" phones are much more likely to suffer from various "glitches" and software errors in comparison with simpler models.
In order to restore efficiencyA smartphone that has become improperly working or slowing down requires a flashing. This procedure allows you to download and install a working version of the software on your smartphone. In addition, this operation is necessary before going to the service center, if during the use of the device you made any modifications to the system files or got root access.
It is worth noting that there is a massunofficial firmware for LG smartphones. They allow you to significantly expand the functionality of the device, as well as increase its performance. But their use can lead to unpredictable behavior of the smartphone: sudden "crashes" of applications, reboots, overheating, etc.
To learn more about the features of your gadget, read the articles in the Instructions for Cell Phones section.
How to flash LG-smartphone using a computer?
Before flashing the device, try to get rid of the problem by completely resetting the settings of the smartphone. For this:
- Turn off the device;
- Press simultaneously the down button (or enhance, depending on the device model) the volume and the power button;
- After the image appears on the display, release the buttons;
- Now use the volume buttons to go to the "Hard Reset" item and briefly press the power button;
- Then confirm the complete reset of the device by clicking on "Yes".
Do not forget before resetting the device orby its flashing to make a backup copy of the data. To do this, you must copy all the files from the internal drive and smartphone's memory card to your computer, and also enable the device's synchronization with your Google account in the settings.
If you want to flash LG KP 500 or any other simple phone that does not work on Android, this method will not work.
Firmware LG smartphone using the utility KDZ Updater
- Download special software KDZ Updater to update the firmware of your smartphone;
- After the archive is downloaded, unzip it to the system drive "C:";
- Then you need to go into the folder with this program and run the installation of the file msxml.msi;
- Now you need to download the firmware file for your device:
- Go to this site to find and download the necessary firmware;
- Next, find your model of the smartphone and open the section with the firmware for it;
- Select the newest firmware by date and click download;
- A file with the extension .KDZ will be loaded, it can "weigh" up to 2-3 Gigabytes.
- Connect the USB cable to your smartphone and computer;
- Wait for the operating system to complete the driver installation;
- Now you need to enable debugging mode via USB on your smartphone:
- On the Home screen, press the "Menu" button and go to "Settings";
- Select the "For Developers" item and check the "USB Debugging" checkbox;
- Next, you need to turn off the smartphone and disconnect the cable from the computer;
- Pull the battery out of the device, then hold down the volume down button, connect it to the computer using a USB cable;
- Now the smartphone's display should show "S / W Upgrade", if it did not, repeat the previous step with the battery inserted or using the volume up button;
- Go to the control panel of your computer and find the "Device Manager" section, disconnect the "LG Mobile USB Modem" device;
- Go to the folder with the program for the firmware of the device;
- Click the "KDZ_FW_UPD.exe" file with the right mouse button and select "Run as administrator";
- In the program window, in the "Type" drop-down menu, select the "3GCQT" item;
- For the "PhoneMode" field, select the DIAG parameter;
- In the field "KDZ File" specify the path to the downloaded firmware file;
- To start the firmware of the device, click on "Launch software Update";
- A smartphone can reboot during the firmware several times.
After the firmware is installed, the device will turn on and will be ready for use.