How to learn to knit: for beginners?
Self-made things are not just threads interlaced. This is part of the master's soul, the embodiment of his creative ideas and skill. Anyone can learn to knit. And how to do this novice masters, we will tell in this article.
Before you start knitting, you need to decide on the material with which you will work. After all, how you do it depends on all further work.
A selection of knitting needles or hooks
To begin with, the needles and hooks must be selected in medium sizes. They must be of such length that it is convenient for you to hold them in your hand. For beginners, to learn how to knit, experienced craftsmen recommend choosing iron knitting needles, as they best fit in the hand and the yarn slides on them better.
Specialty stores have a large selection of yarn. There are:
- natural (woolen, silk, cotton);
- synthetic (acrylic);
- mixed yarn.
If you are just learning to knit, then you need to choose a mixed yarn, as it is not so stretched when knitting and holds the shape. It should be noted that the thread should be 1.5-2 times thicker than a hook or knitting needle. For more information, see the article How to learn to knit.
Having picked up the correct tool and material, it is possible to get to work.
Making a scarf
The scarf is the lightest product. It is decided to begin with it if you learn to knit.
- Needles - 2 pieces;
- Yarn - 100 grams (80 meters).
The longer you need the scarf, the more yarn you should take.
The result will be a scarf with a length of about 110 cm and a width of 20 cm with the pattern "Big rice". Knit a scarf in several stages:
- Type in 22 loops and knit four rows with only the front (garter knit). The first edge loop is removed, and the last one is knitted with a purl loop.
- Knit the “Big Rice” pattern, but continue to knit the garter stitch along the sides. To do this, remove the first edge loop and knit two faces, then two purl and two faces (this is a picture), then again two faces. Edge hinges must be purlable.
- The next row is knitted the other way round: where were the purses, knit the facial ones, and where the facial ones are the wrong ones. And do so every two rows.
- Knit to the required length.
- At the end, knit 4 rows with a garter stitch and close the row. The scarf is ready.
If you want to tie not only a scarf, but also mittens, then for beginners it is necessary to choose a simple pattern. Mittens can be knitted in several ways:
- on two needles - in such a case you will have to sew the fabric of the product;
- on five needles - circular weaving.
The second option is more in demand.
- Measure the widest part of your palm. The woman has an average of 20 cm.
- Next, calculate the number of loops: 20 cm * 1, 7 (horizontal knitting density) = 34 loops. If the result is divided into 4 needles, it will turn out - 8.5 loops each, round up to 9 loops.
- Knitted mittens on 5 needles from top to bottom. Type on each knitting needle in turn 9 loops in such a way that an indissoluble circle is obtained. Then take the fifth knitting needle and use it in a circle to knit row after row. Do not forget that the last loop of the previous section is the first loop of the next one. Thus knit gum.
- Then, adding a few loops, knit the main part up to the thumb.
- Close the loop at the place of the intended thumb and continue to knit the base.When the base of the mitten reaches the little finger, begin to reduce the loop. On the side parts, tie two loops together, turning the first loop over. Knit in this way until you have 2 loops each, which need to be tightened.
- Make a thumb. Dial 7 loops on the knitting needle, which were closed, and on the other 8 rows. Circle 18 rows with face loops and close the end.
Soon you will learn to knit simple products, and then you can move on to more complex ones. In addition, you can use not only knitting needles, but also a hook.