How to lubricate the cooler?
Clogged coolers are one of the most common causes of equipment overheating in a personal computer. However, the timely maintenance of the fans significantly extends the life of the laptop and PC. And you can lubricate the cooler yourself, but in this case you will need the following tools:
- crosshead screwdriver;
- machine oil;
- Silicone Grease;
- cotton pads.
Lubricate the PC cooler
- Before you lubricate the CPU cooler, you will need to turn off your computer, and unscrew a few screws, which press the left side wall of the case. Then you should remove this wall, turn on the computer and see which coolers do not rotate very quickly.
- Now you need to turn off the PC and disconnect the cable from the power supply. Then a screwdriver follows to remove the screws that press the fan to the cooling radiator and disconnect the cooler's power cable.
- Then it is necessary to remove the cooler from the case of the system unit and remove the sticker in the central part of its blades. Then you need to drop a small amount of engine oil in this hole. You should also move the blades so that the lubricant is evenly distributed on the axis.
- If you have a collapsible type fan, then you need to remove the plastic cover that covers the similar hole in the blades. It is necessary to remove the plastic gasket and rubber ring from the axis of rotation with tweezers.
- Then you will need to remove the fan blades from the axle and apply a little grease in the hole formed. After that, you can lubricate the axis itself.
- Now it is possible to assemble the cooler by attaching it with the help of previously unscrewed screws and connecting the power.
- After that, you need to turn on the computer and make sure that the cooler is working properly. To check the fans you need to install a program that allows you to get information about the temperatures of certain PC devices. If some equipment is still very hot, you will need to replace these coolers. It may even be necessary to find out how to lubricate the video card cooler if this particular fan heats up, but this procedure is rather laborious and not everyone can do it.
Grease notebook cooler
- In order to lubricate the cooler of the laptop you need to know the basic principles of its analysis, this will help the instruction. Before lubricating the cooler on the laptop,It is necessary to unwind its external screws of the laptop and remove the keyboard panel. Once you reach the cooler, it should be disconnected from the radiator.
- Before lubricating the cooler, it and its adjoining radiator should be cleaned of accumulated dust. Do this with a vacuum cleaner or blow it out with a pump. Then you need to remove the sticker located in the central screw part of the fan. Under it you will find a small hole, closed by a rubber stopper, which leads to the axis of the motor and its bearing part. You need to put a little oil in the syringe, and then, piercing the cork with a syringe or removing it, slowly introduce the oil inwards so that it flows along the axis into the bearing part.
- Next, install the cooler in place. And before that, it is necessary to evenly apply a layer of thermally conductive paste on the outer surface of the radiator that rests against the processor. After that, you should assemble a laptop, and immediately give it a little work. Now you know how to lubricate the cooler, and you will do it regularly.