How to make a table?
Watch the video
In order for the upcoming solemn feast to succeed, it is not enough just to cook a lot of delicious dishes and rest on our laurels while waiting for the rave reviews of their guests. An abundance of excellent food is, of course, very good, but it should be remembered that an equally important part of any holiday table is its beautiful design and proper serving.
How to arrange a festive table
The main design elements of any holiday table are:
- textile decoration details - primarily tablecloths and napkins;
- dishes and cutlery;
- flower arrangements;
- All sorts of additional decorative details - candles, landing cards for guests, balloons, ice sculptures, bows, cute little things, etc.
How to arrange a table with textile elements
- In special occasions, a white linen tablecloth is laid on the table. It should be well starched and ironed. This tablecloth can be made of jacquard linen or trimmed at the edges with lace or embroidery richelieu.
- In other cases, on the festive table, you can put a tablecloth of pastel color - pale pink, lavender, pale yellow or ivory color, so popular in our time. In any case, the tablecloth should be made from natural fabrics - flax or cotton.
- Banquet tables are often decorated with special decorative "skirts" - thickly draped tulle frills, which go down to the floor. Such "skirts" are made of fabric that is combined in color with the tone of the main tablecloth, for example, a light lilac tablecloth and pale turquoise "skirt".
- Table for tea can be decorated with a linen tablecloth with a woven bright border around the edges.
- Table for children's birthday or a table in the kitchen for a small family holiday can be covered with a tablecloth in a cage, peas or small flower.
- In special occasions, woven covers are put on the chairs to match the tablecloths.
- Textile napkins, laid out on the table, picked up in tone, in harmony with the color of the tablecloth. Such napkins serve as an additional decor for the festive table. Making the table napkins - the whole art. They can be beautifully put together in dozens of different ways and placed either on each guest’s plate or near it.
Fresh flowers, collected in low round bouquets, arranged in several places on the festive table - one of the best options for such design. Remember that the color scheme of bouquets should be in harmony with the overall decoration of the table.
- The basic rule of choice of dishes: the brighter or more colorful the tablecloth, the more restrained the decor of the plates should be, and vice versa - on a white tableclothplates that are richly painted with floral ornament or gilding will be appropriate.
- All cutlery should be carefully polished, and the glasses rubbed to a mirror shine.
- In order to make guests feel comfortable at the table, arrange plates on it so that the distance between the centers of the neighboring guest places is at least eighty centimeters.
- First of all, place vases of flowers, salt shakers and containers with spices, vases with paper napkins on the table, then place all the porcelain plates, place the cutlery in front of them in the right order and place the glasses and glasses at the very end.
Registration by additional decorative elements
The table can be decorated with candles installed in decorative candle holders. They will be appropriate in the event that the holiday takes place in the evening.Near each device you can put a beautifully printed card with the guest’s name on it. In accordance with the occasion for the celebration, the table can be decorated with porcelain figurines of chickens and rabbits, if Easter is celebrated, compositions of spruce branches, cones and tangerines, if the New Year is celebrated, or kissing doves, if it is a wedding table.
How to arrange a buffet table.
In the design of the buffet table there are several features.
- It is desirable that the buffet table was somewhat higher than the usual dinner table - it will be more convenient to eat standing up from it.
- The buffet table is covered with a tablecloth with a decorative “skirt”. It is decorated with one or several tall vases with flower arrangements, which are placed in the center of the table.
- Clean plates put on a buffet table in piles, nexthave rows of glasses and cutlery.
- Many sandwiches are served on such a table in multi-level dishes, and fruit - on special shelves.
- The main decoration of the buffet table is beautifully decorated portioned snacks, intricately assembled miniature sandwiches, cheese and meat cuts, as well as fruits and vegetables, decorated with carving.