How to polish a scratch?
Watch the video
Sometimes even the most caring driver can face such a problem as various scratches and chips on his vehicle. Is it possible to self-polish a scratch on a car or is it necessary to seek help from specialists? Let's look at this issue in more detail.
What you need to polish
Of course, due to a small defect, few people have a desire to contact a specialized service center and spend a lot of money to eliminate this problem. So, what do you need to polish a scratch yourself on a car? First of all, it is necessary to determine the nature of the damage. Ifthe damage is not very significant, it can be dealt with using cheap, but effective means.
For this you will need:
- polishing machine paste (polish G3);
- solvent 646;
- sandpaper No. 2000 or Scotch Bright;
- microfiber cloths;
- specialized anti-scratch agent;
- scratch pencil.
How to polish a scratch on a car
To self-polish scratches on the car, you must perform the following steps:
- Carefully clean the place of cleavage. If the scratch on the car consists only of a foreign coating, for example, from the paint of another car, then solvent 646 can be used.
- The part on which there is a scratch, rubbed with scotch bright or emery paper. To sandpaper did not leave rough marks, it must be soaked in water. It is very important not to overdo it, because you can erase the paintwork.
- Apply the polishing paste to the microfiber cloths. Using circular motions, gently rub the matte part of the part to shine. Farecla G3 pasta has proven itself well on the market. This is a universal polishing paste and is often recommended for polishing a vehicle. To fix the result, you can apply a liquid wax of this company.
- You can also hide and remove minor scratches on the car with the help of a specialized anti-scratch tool.
- To eliminate various scratches on the car, sometimes use a car pencil. It consists of a special substance that penetrates into the chip and fills the free space.
Thus, using inexpensive and affordable tools, you can polish a scratch on a car yourself.