How to protect your house?
“My home is my fortress” - says wisdom, however, in the modern world this is not always the case. Thieves - a real attack for wealthy citizens, and for the most ordinary people. In summer, they rob apartments abandoned by landlords, and in winter, cottages, where gardeners keep their inventory and clothes. In this article we will figure out how to protect your house from thieves and keep your property and nerves intact.
Windows and doors
Most often, thieves enter a dwelling, breaking doors or knocking out windows. Consider what can be done to make the entrance to the house in these ways less accessible.
- Put on the windows of the lattice or special accessories that prevent hacking. It is not very expensive, but has great benefits.
- Stick a film on the glass that will not allow them to be knocked out. It will not cost so cheaply, but with it the glass will withstand a blow with a stone or a metal object. In addition, it will reduce heat loss through the glass.
- Install the metal door that opens to the outside. It should be made of high quality thick metal, only in this case, you are provided with normal security.But do not overdo it: the door, which literally "shouts" about its high cost, will only attract too much attention to your home.
- Roller shutters are an excellent protection for a private house, since they can only be opened and closed using the remote control, and outside they are additionally protected from hacking.
- At the door, install the mortise lock foreign production. When choosing a lock, be guided by the fact that the lock, which is locked for a greater number of revolutions and has more bolts (pins coming out of the lock and entering the door jamb) is more reliable. But keep in mind that if desired, you can open any lock. And yet, it does not matter how many locks are installed at your door, so it’s better to spend your time on one expensive and reliable one.
- Additionally, install the latch or chain from inside the door.
- Also for the protection of a private house is perfect reliable fence and gates opened from the remote. On top of the fence you can put the wire under voltage.
Consider several options for the protection of the home with the help of alarm.
- You can set an alarm that, when entering the house, makes a very loud sound that can wake you up at night penetration, and also frightens and, possibly, causes the thieves to escape.And if hacking occurs during the day, the neighbors, after hearing your alarm, will be able to call the police. Such an alarm is relatively inexpensive, but can do a decent job.
- Considering the various options of how to protect the house from thieves, we will not overlook the GSM alarm system, which, if you break into your house, will send you an SMS message, and you, in turn, will be able to call the police. This option is also not very expensive.
- The most correct way to protect your home from theft is to install security equipment and set the house to the security guard station. In this case, you pay a monthly subscription fee, but in case of theft, the PSC will pay you a loss. When entering the house, the guard duty officer receives a signal and sends a security group that detains the thieves.
- If you leave for a long time, arrange with someone from friends or relatives to come to your home from time to time to pick up the press from the mailbox and check the integrity of the doors and windows.
- Put valuables on vacation at home in a few unexpected places, this increases the chance of saving at least something, since thieves may not find all your caches.
And a few banal vigilance rules that are sometimes forgotten:
- Always lock the doors and close the vents when leaving the house.
- Do not open the door to unexpected strangers, whoever they are.
- When leaving, do not put the house key in an accessible place.
- In case of loss of keys, immediately change the lock.
- If you are submitting an ad to a newspaper, do not give information about those hours when you are at home.
- Extremely carefully communicate the address of your home to strangers.
So, we have considered how to put protection at home, and what measures will help you better protect your home from illegal entry. Because at home a person must always feel safe. And safety, in turn, is a guarantee of the health of the whole family and loved ones. We wish you that your home really become your fortress and be able to protect you from bad weather.