How to save the site?
Quite often we find ourselves in a situation where we need to save some information from the Internet. It's pretty simple, if it is only an image, a piece of text, or even a whole page of the site. But what if we need information from the whole site? In this article we will look at how to keep the site entirely so that all information from it is available offline.
Ways to download site
There are three main ways to save information from sites:
- The first method is the most laborious, but also the most accessible to those who have already worked on the Internet for at least some time. This method suggests saving pages one by one. To do this, open the "File" tab and click "Save As ...". A dialog box prompts you to choose a place to save the final file. Here you can determine whether you need to download the file as a single archive, whether it’s important to have pictures on the page on your computer, etc. This procedure will need to be done with each newly opened page of the site you are interested in.
- The second option involves the use of online services. More on this method, we will stop later.
- And the last way is to use special programs. We will also consider this separately.
Online services for saving sites
The principle of saving sites using online services is incredibly simple: you just go to a special site (for example,), enter a link to the site you are interested in and save to your computer an archive with all the necessary information. In fact, it turns out that not everything is so simple.
From the Russian-language services, it was possible to find the above example. Yes, and the first attempts to save through this service may not succeed. If the site contains a decent amount of information, then the result will have to wait quite a long time.
In fairness, it must be said that there are similar services that offer you a service for downloading content from a whole site on a paid basis. But doubt creeps in, whether it is worth paying money if you can simply download a special free program on your computer and then download all the sites you need.
Programs for downloading sites
The network contains a large number of programs with which you can save to your computer a copy of a website. True, you should immediately make a reservation that you can not download all the sites on the network. For example, there are giant sites (like VKontakte or Facebook), and it will take a huge amount of time and considerable resources to attempt to save. If the site is smaller, then you can use to download one of the following programs.
- Offline Explorer is one of the most popular Russified offline browsers. By downloading this program, you will be able to save individual parts of the sites, download new information, and export the saved information in different formats. The main disadvantage of this software is that permanent access to it costs money. But you may well for some time use the temporary license for free to download the material of interest to you;
- Teleport Pro is another very popular offline browser among users. The main advantage is a clear interface in Russian (with a downloaded crack).The program can offer you several download modes, including scheduled downloads. Unfortunately, the service is also paid. But you can also try the demo version for free;
- HTTrack is the most interesting program from our list, since you can download it from the network absolutely free. By and large, it can offer everything you need to save the site entirely. How exactly you need to work with it, we will analyze separately.
HTTrack: saving sites for free
- First of all, the program needs to be downloaded. This can be done on the official website of the developer.
- When the program is downloaded and installed, we begin work. Open the program and install the Russian language. To do this, open the tab "Preferences". Click on the line "Language preference". In the dialog box, select the language and restart the program.
- Along with the launch of the program opens assistant. He will offer to create a new project. His proposal should be answered with the “Next” button.
- Determine the name, category and location of the object.
- Enter the URL of the site you are interested in and select "Download site (s)" in the "Type" column.
- With the help of the “Set parameters” button we set up the future download.
- Remove the check mark from the line “Disconnect at the end” and click “Finish”.