How to store perga?
Perga - is bee bread, which is produced by adult insects. This product is ahead of the biological value of milk, eggs and meat. The answer to the question of how to properly store it will depend on external and internal factors. Therefore, we dwell on the storage conditions of the bee bread.
Storage conditions of perga
- First of all, it should be borne in mind that perga is rather difficult to tolerate high humidity. Water significantly reduces shelf life, up to complete unsuitability;
- For storage is better to choose glass containers or aluminum utensils. The container must be dry, otherwise it may lead to the growth of mold;
- The temperature at which it is possible to store perga without risk is from zero to plus twelve degrees. It is undesirable to store the product in a pure form in the refrigerator, although for many it is the only option to control the temperature. Those who choose the alternative - the basement - are also wrong.The temperature there will be impossible to control, besides most of the basements are too damp. The best way to save the perga is to mix it with honey;
- If you want to save pergou for bees, you should leave it in the comb. In this case, again, it would be more expedient to choose honeycombs covered with honey and sealed;
- To mix perga and honey, you should take the proportions of one to one. Tara remains the same (glass jar, for example).