How to treat nail fungus toe?
Onychomycosis or fungal infection of the nail - the infection is very tenacious. It is easily transmitted from person to person, and therefore people who visit public places such as saunas, baths, gymnasium, etc. often suffer from it. Being insignificant at first, the nail fungus quickly spreads and develops, infecting large areas of the nail and moving on to others. So this problem is not so simple, do not start it and be sure to undergo treatment, because the remaining foci of infection, even being very small, can develop a new wave of the disease. Let's see what constitutes and how to treat nail fungus on the legs.
Nail fungus: manifestations
Manifestations determine the complexity of the fungal infection. So, you can observe a change in the color of the nail, the appearance of stained streaks. The nail may turn yellow or become white, brown, gray, in general - the nail becomes different. Further, the complication manifests itself in the thickening of the nail plate, in addition to the changed color. The nail is deformed and can partially collapse at the edges.And, in the end, the nail will atrophy and is torn away from its bed.
Also, the lesion varies in localization. From the defeat of the free edge of the nail to the total damage, that is, diseases of the entire nail plate.
Nail fungus treatment: remedies
- Let's start with the popular method. You will need: raw egg, vegetable oil and 70% vinegar for a tablespoon each, a teaspoon of dimethyl phthalate. Mix thoroughly and store in the refrigerator. Rub the ointment into the nails affected by the fungus, you can even apply a thick layer, wrap with cling film or a bag, put on socks. To do the procedure before bedtime. In a very neglected case, keep the ointment on the nails around the clock (updating daily). Soon the nail will soften, the affected ones will come off and new, young nails will grow.
- A solution of a tablespoon of copper sulfate and half a glass of water. Brush with cotton swabs for ten days. After this course, the second stage is onion compresses. For a compress we rub onions on a grater. At night, steam out the nails in the bath with the addition of soda, dry. Apply onion compress for 12 hours. The second stage also lasts 10 days. After cutting off excess nails.
- How to treat foot nail fungus still? In addition to folk remedies do not forget about medicine. Ideally, go to the doctor, who will give instructions and write out the ointment. Antifungal drugs are very effective, they linger in the nail, which allows sufficiently shorten the treatment time. In addition to topical ointments, there are special antifungal nail polishes, patches, as well as preparations for oral administration.
- When thinking about how to treat nail foot fungus, do not forget to take care of the surrounding objects. Floors, walls, rugs, bath equipment, clothes, shoes and so on - everything that was in contact with should be disinfected, because we have already said that nail fungus is incredibly tenacious.
Prevention of nail fungus
- When visiting public places (saunas, swimming pools, gyms, beaches, etc.) use closed slippers.
- Use only your personal hygiene items (washcloths, pumice, brushes, etc.).
- After visiting public places (even guests), wash your feet with soap and water, carefully treating the interdigital spaces. Wipe well and use preventive creams or powders against fungi (in a pharmacy they are not difficult to find).
- Watch your own hygiene. Every night, wash your feet and change socks (stockings, etc.).