Instructions on how to make a crossword in a PowerPoint presentation
"POINT POINT" is the perfect tool forcreation of interactive. For example, an excellent idea would be to make an ordinary crossword in this program. This may be necessary for teachers (as a nonstandard test of students' knowledge) or simply for entertainment with friends. Be that as it may, this article will talk about how to make a crossword puzzle in the presentation of "PointPoint." We will consider in detail all the stages of its creation, and in the end you will be able to create your own crossword puzzles in minutes.
Step One: Planning
It is clear that before making a crossword inpresentation "PoverPoint", it is necessary, as a minimum, to represent. In order to avoid difficulties in the process of its creation, it is advisable to sketch out the plan on the usual sheet in the cell, so that later, as in the templates, transfer everything directly to the presentation.
Step Two: Creating the Basics
How to create a crossword puzzle? Of course, with all the known cells. In this case, the cells are the table that we will now create in the presentation.
So, to make the basis for the future crossword, you need:
- Go to the "Insert" tab.
- Click on the "Table" icon.
- In the drop-down menu, select the whole area of cells by clicking the left mouse button.
After the done actions, a table will be inserted into the presentation, which has a special theme in accordance with the theme of the presentation. To make the table look like the following, do the following:
- Go to the "Designer" tab.
- Click on the "Fill" button.
- Choose the color you need (it is recommended to choose white).
Now you need to give the table outlines. For this you need:
- In the same tab "Designer", click on the "Borders" button.
- Select "All borders" in the menu.
Before you are squares, but they havedisproportionate edges - align the table. Then it is necessary, using the same "Borders" tool, to remove the extra cells. Here everything is simple: select unnecessary cells and, in accordance with their location, remove the extra cells.
That's all, the second step of the instruction: "How to make a crossword puzzle in the presentation" is completed, go directly to the third.
Step three: filling in with text
At this stage, we need to enter in all cells the answers to the questions. To do this, use the "Inscription" tool.
- Go to the "Insert" tab.
- Click the "Caption" button.
- At any point in the document, create as many areas for text input as there are words in the crossword.
- Enter the words in all areas. Horizontal leave as is, and make vertical by putting a paragraph after each letter.
- Drag all the words so that their first letter matches the first cell where they start.
- Change the formatting of each word so that the individual letter is in its cage. For this, use horizontal spaces in horizontal words, and in vertical lines change the line spacing.
As a result, you will finish the third step of the instruction: "How to make a crossword in the presentation".
Step Four: Questions and Numbering
In the creation of crossword puzzles, you can not do without questions, so now we will do their writing and numbering.
- Using the already well-known "Caption" tool, at any place you need to insert as many areas for text input as there are many questions.
- Each question should be numbered so that their number coincides with the answer in the crossword itself.
- In accordance with the questions, you need to insert the numbers into cells using the same "Inscription" tool.
- Now we need to enter two phrases: "Horizontally" and "Vertically".
- In one area put the questions, the answers to which are located in the crossword horizontally, and the second - vertically.
The result should be something like this:
Step Five: Animating
So we found out how to make a crossword in a PowerPoint presentation, but that's not all. Finally, you need to make an animation of the appearance of words with the correct answer to the question.
- Select the required area of the answer label.
- Go to the "Animation" tool and select the "Appearance" preset.
- From the "Effect Options" menu, select "Top" for vertical words and "Left" for horizontal.
- In the "Advanced Animation" toolbar, click "Animation Area".
- In the window that appears next to the first option, click on the PCM and select "Effect Settings".
- In the window that appears, you need to go to the "Time" tab and set all the options according to the image that will be attached next.
- After this, this procedure must be done with each answer.
So we completed the last stage. Now you know how to insert a crossword into the presentation.