Krasnoyarsk - Rest Island: description, interesting facts, sights
Krasnoyarsk is one of the largest and oldestcities of Siberia. It has a very rich past, which is reflected in the museums of the city, its architectural sights, monuments of culture and art. All this is worthy of the closest attention. Also there are other places that will be curious visitors. About one of them, the Island of Recreation of Krasnoyarsk, we will tell in this article. Let's start.
The Island of Rest in Krasnoyarsk is one of thethe most unique places in Russia. After all, it has a variety of leisure and entertainment centers and facilities. We suggest you get acquainted with some interesting facts about this place.
- Recreation Island in Krasnoyarsk is a sports center of the city.
- The idea to create such a place appeared inthe thirties of the XX century. But it was realized much later. Since the island is on the Yenisei River, it was necessary to build a bridge that would connect the banks of the river.
- One of the largest stadiums in Siberia, which is located on the Island of Rest in Krasnoyarsk, was built in just two years.
- Here is the center of extreme sports. Absolutely unique place, which is one of the largest in Russia.
- One of the sports facilities is named after the two-time Olympic champion Ivan Sergeevich Yarygin.
Krasnoyarsk, Recreation Island: description
Favorite by the townspeople and numerous touriststhe place is on the bank of the Abakan canal. You can get here through the bridge, which connects both sides of the Yenisei River. This is a real city, which has everything you need to stay and rest.
There is a large number of sportscomplexes and palaces. But people come here and come not only to go in for sports, but also have a good time on the beach in the gazebos on the Rest Island in Krasnoyarsk. Prices here are quite affordable for people with different levels of income. So, renting a gazebo on an island will cost 500 rubles per hour, and for an additional fee you can rent a BBQ and buy firewood for 10 rubles. a piece.
Further we suggest you to get acquainted with the most famous and popular sights of the Island.
Center for Extreme Tourism
This place is a real paradise for those who are not afraidovercoming obstacles and loves speed. Here, ideal conditions for skateboarding, parkour and other fashionable and extreme hobbies for young people have been created. On the territory of the center are the most diverse sites, and it is in no way inferior to similar establishments in Europe. You can study with a coach or individually. For spectators there are bleachers and balconies from which you can watch brave people and see the most exciting tricks.
Palace of Sports
It hosts a variety of competitions andmatches not only regional, but also world level. There is a concert, basketball, choreographic and other halls. There are a large number of sports sections and circles, there are two schools of the Olympic reserve. The area of the palace allows to accommodate more than ten thousand people.
Park of active rest and entertainments
Despite the fact that he opened recently,here it is always crowded. After all, in the park you can find entertainment for a wide variety of tastes. On attractions with great pleasure, adults and children go for a drive, sports enthusiasts are attracted by a platform for outdoor games and simulators, and the extremals will be delighted with the climbing wall and the rope town.
On the Island of Rest, many different establishmentscatering, but there is one place that enjoys the special love of visitors. In the cafe "Sunrise" is always cozy and at home comfortable. The institution is located on the banks of the Yenisey, which allows holidaymakers to enjoy the coolness of the river air and admire the surrounding landscapes. The staff will be able to do everything possible to make your holiday unique and pleasant.
Ten Reasons to Visit
Many tourists who come to the city, likeVisit the Rest Island in Krasnoyarsk. Why is this place so attracting their attention? We suggest you to get acquainted with the most popular reasons for visiting:
- Here you can learn to fall right under the guidance of experienced coaches in the center of extreme sports.
- Visit the professional volleyball club "Yenisei" and cheer for one of the teams.
- To get the most necessary sports clothes and footwear for employment by different kinds of sports in shop "Forward".
- Visit the beach on Rest Island in Krasnoyarsk.
- Try the most delicious freshly squeezed juices and a variety of healthy food in the Sunrise coffee bar.
- Visit the "Park of active recreation and entertainment."
- Enjoy the rest and beauty of the surrounding nature in the gazebos on the Island of Rest.
- In Krasnoyarsk you can see very beautiful performances of cheerleading teams.
- Take part in competitions held by the chess-checkers club.
- See the famous Municipal Bridge, which connects the banks of the Yenisei.
If you are in Krasnoyarsk, do not miss itthe opportunity to visit the Island of Rest and enjoy all that he offers. We are sure that you will want to come back again and again not only to this amazing city, but also to its iconic place.