Pillow-toy with your own hands. Master Class
Modern masters for a long time do not considerpillow as an object, necessary only for sleep. Today it is used to decorate the interior, can be presented as a fun souvenir and even used as a developing tool for kids.
From this article you will learn how to sew a pillow-toy with your own hands.
Funny cushion under the back
Pillow-toy with their own hands is very easy. Take advantage of our idea and surprise your baby with an original toy. To sew a funny cat, you will need tools and materials:
- Sewing machine.
- Multicolored pieces of fabric (linen and cotton). One color should be the main one, and therefore it should be larger. The rest of the fabric should be combined with the main and interior of your room.
- A piece of working cloth is coarse calico, a two-strand, or other fabric that does not stain when washed.
- Filler for toys - sintepuh or sintepon.
- Filler foam plastic balls.
- Buttons in the form of the nose and eyes.
- Adhesive spiderweb.
- Bamboo stick for rolls.
How to sew a cat: a master class
When you prepare everything you need to work, you can get down to business. Pillow-toy with their own hands is sewn according to the following scheme:
- Prepare multi-colored lengths of fabric length of 45 centimeters and a width of 5 to 10 centimeters.
- Lay out the blanks together, and then sew and iron them, pressing the seams on one side.
- Take a piece of white coarse calico and cut out of it a square larger than the colored blank, two centimeters on each side.
- On the work surface of the table, put first a white base, then a sheet of sintepon, and on top a multi-colored cloth.
- Pinch with English pins the resulting "sandwich" over the entire surface in a checkerboard pattern.
- Sew the canvas using decorative stitches.
- Make a pattern of paws (6 by 12 cm) and a tail (30 by 9 cm) from the cardboard on a bright cloth and circle four times (two right and two left paws should be obtained).
- Brush the colored fabric to the white coarse calico with pins, then sew along the contour and cut out using curly scissors.
- In addition to the filler, in the tail and legs you can put beads to develop your child's motor skills.
- To make the ears, cut two squares of 9 by 9 cm and fold them on the diagonal three times.
- For the muzzle, cut out of a bright fabric a circlediameter of 20 cm. And the same circle, but white, will be needed for priests. Place the workpieces on a white coarse calico and a sheet of sintepon, and then quilter them on the sewing machine.
- Next you need to finish the muzzle - cut out the tissues of the eye, nose, tongue, mustache, and then sew the prepared details and ears.
- Sew a muzzle, ass, paws and tail to the multicolored blank. To keep them better, do it several times.
- Cut out the abdomen from the white tissue (12 by 45 centimeters), connect it with the trunk, without forgetting sewing a secret zipper between them.
- Sew the cover - two circles (20 centimeters) and a rectangle (44 by 57 centimeters). Connect the parts, leaving a small hole. Inside place any filler and sew a cut from the outside.
- Place the blank-roller in the finished cat and close the zipper.
Now you can please your kid with a funny toy or surprise your friends with a great gift.
Pillow-toy "Ovechka" with your own hands
The peculiarity of this cute little thing is that it can be sewn not only on a typewriter, but also with a simple needle. To make it, you will need the following materials:
- Artificial fur with the addition of 30% wool.
- Half-woolen fabric.
- Hypoallergenic filler "holobayber" balls.
- Set for embroidery with black thread.
How to sew a pillow: a master class
How to make a pillow-toy with your own hands? You can read the instructions below:
- Draw on paper (you can come up with a shape on your own or on the model) the following details - a rectangular torso, legs, ears, head and tail.
- Translate the patterns to the fabric and cut them out taking into account the joints. For the body and tail, it is better to use fur, and the rest of the pieces should be made of felt.
- On the front side of the half-woolen fabric, place the workpieces from the felt (also the front side). Then they should be sewn, leaving a hole for the filler, unscrew and iron.
- Paws and a tail pile in half, connect with the trunk. Sew the details, fill the torso, and then sew it from the outside with hand stitches.
- On a muzzle with a chalk draw out eyes and a nose, and after embroider them with a black thread.
The toy cushion is ready with your own hands, and you can decorate the nursery with it.
We will be glad if you like to sew softpillow toys with their own hands. Perhaps, at first you will feel some difficulty due to lack of experience. However soon fascinating process will grasp, and you will plunge into it with a head. Use our descriptions, add something new to them, do not be afraid to fantasize and contribute new elements.