Symptoms and signs of stomatitis in children
Immunity of the child is unstable and only studiesto withstand the adverse effects of the external environment. Because of this, children are more often exposed to certain diseases, including "dirty hand" - stomatitis. It affects the tissues of the oral cavity.
Why does stomatitis occur?
The main reasons for the development of stomatitis are the reduction of protective functions of the body and violation of the basic rules of oral hygiene.
Science distinguishes several varieties of the disease:
- traumatic stomatitis (develops as a result of mechanical damage in the mouth);
- fungal (caused by a Candida fungus, forming a white coating on the tongue (thrush));
- Herpes (caused by the herpes virus);
- allergic (cause - reaction to irritants (animal hair, dust and others));
- aphthous (occurs with a decrease in immunity, accompanied by the appearance of ulcers).
Signs of stomatitis in children
Stomatitis in children is expressed in general malaise, redness and soreness in the mouth.
The first signs of stomatitis in infants are manifested in tearfulness, a decrease in appetite, a refusal of food and drink due to pain in the oral cavity.
As the disease develops, there are other signs of stomatitis in children:
- puffiness and bleeding of the mouth;
- copious salivation;
- increase in temperature, sometimes even up to 40 ° C;
- curdled white coating on the tongue;
- small rashes on the lips;
- the formation of white ulcers (aft) rising above the surface, around which reddening is visible;
- a purulent smell from a mouth.
Identify the disease will help signs of stomatitis in children, photos are in the article. However, only a specialist is able to diagnose a disease.
How to treat stomatitis?
Treatment is appointed by the doctor depending on the etiology of the disease.
As soon as parents notice the first signsstomatitis in children, it is necessary to start systematically treating wounds with infusion of herbs (chamomile, calendula) or antiseptic emulsions, for example, methylene blue.
Curd deposits, arising from thrush, it is recommended to take a solution of soda (1 teaspoon of soda per glass of water) with a bandage.
An analgesic is used to relieve pain symptoms and reduce temperature (Nurofen, Acetaminophen).
An effective drug is Holysal, the components of which are detrimental to both viral and fungal infections. The medicine also has an analgesic effect.
If during treatment aphthae do not heal, and the disease lasts more than 3 days, you should consult a doctor.
Tightening the disease can lead to a weakening of the immune system and the development of serious diseases of internal organs.
Because of the pain in their mouth, babies refuse to drink andeating, which can lead to dehydration of the body. Therefore, you need to ensure that the child continues to eat. But the diet should be sparing. It is necessary to exclude hard, sharp, hot and cold food. Recommended liquid porridge, mashed potatoes, broths, kissels, fruit drinks.
Parents should know all the signs of stomatitis in children and how to treat it.
Stomatitis has the property of repeating itself. For the prevention of disease is recommended:
- strengthen immunity (eg, hardening);
- fully nourished;
- wash hands, toys, pacifiers;
- when breast-feeding twice a day, wash your nipples with soap and water;
- Exclude objects with sharp edges (toys, hard toothbrushes), solid food;
- to reduce contact with people with herpes sores.