What does Russia read?
Although there is an information age in the yard, the book still does not lose its relevance. Many people still prefer the paper version rather than the e-book. Based on the data of opinion polls in Russia over the past year, we can conclude that in the outgoing 2014 Russians read almost twice as many as last year, which is a good news. Many readers indicated that soon they would even like to become owners of their own home library.
Let's find out what Russia is reading today, and what bestsellers are in the ranking of the most popular books among Russians.
- Fantasy genre is a leader. The anthology of the books "Song of Ice and Flame" by R.R. Martin is very popular all over the world, as well as the cult series based on the book series "The Game of Thrones".
- Recently, interest in Soviet fiction, namely, the works of the Strugatsky brothers, has been reviving. "Roadside Picnic" is the most popular book of authors among the Russian reading public, a novel telling about the future and the struggle against extraterrestrial civilizations.The “time machine” by G.J. Wells also evokes enthusiastic responses from readers.
- The great American master of horror, Stephen King, was also not deprived of attention this year. The Green Mile is recognized as its most popular book in Russia. But some readers believe that the film version in the main role with T. Hanks still overtook the book.
- If we talk about psychological literature, then the unconditional bestseller can recognize the work of John Gray "Men from Mars, Women from Venus." According to many Russians, as well as foreign reading public, this book can help resolve or resolve conflicts within the couple.
- Modern Russian author, screenwriter, director Pavel Sanayev won the popularity of the reading public with his novel “Bury me behind a plinth”, which tells about the difficult fate of a little boy.