What is vodka?
Many people know different alcoholic beverages. About what vodka, our article will tell.
Vodka is a very strong drink, which consists of a mixture of purified and prepared water and rectified alcohol (ethyl). The strength of this drink varies from 40% to 56%. Most often, you can buy vodka fortress 40%.
The main criterion for evaluating vodka is the degree of its purification. In vodka of poor quality, it is possible to detect essential oils and various toxic substances, which is unacceptable for a drink having a good quality.
Alcohol with a high degree of purification is made from a mixture of potatoes and grain, as well as from each of these ingredients separately, from molasses or from a mixture of sugar beet, grain, potatoes, molasses and sugar in various proportions.
Regarding the degree of purification, alcohol is divided into:
- 96% vol. - it is alcohol of the first grade;
- 96.2% by volume - it is a highly purified alcohol;
- 96.5% by volume - it is alcohol "Extra";
- 69.3% by volume - it is alcohol "Lux";
- Medical alcohol;
- Anhydrous alcohol.
The process of making vodka
- Acceptance of rectified alcohol;
- Preparation and purification of water;
- Preparation of water-alcohol mixture;
- Conducting pre-filtering, and treatment with activated carbon;
- Carrying out the second stage of filtering and bringing the strength of the drink to the required level;
- Spill ready drink in the right container.
The quality of vodka is determined by 2 types of indicators:
- Analytical - is the presence of any organic impurities in the drink, alkalinity and alcohol content;
- Organoleptic is aroma, taste and clarity.