What to buy in Finland?
What can you buy in Finland and surprise your friends? This is something to be reminded of the country and be beautiful. It is desirable that the gift was also small.
1. Classics of the genre - souvenirs:
- In Finland, Moomin trolls are sold everywhere. You will find them in supermarkets and souvenir shops. This hero is very popular, writes about him Finnish writer Tove Janson. With this cartoon character you can easily find cups, plates, cards, pillows, magnets, T-shirts.
- A souvenir especially for mother: products from Finnish glass, ceramics and porcelain, made at the Arabia factory.
- Milk chocolate Fazer, this is sold to us, but, it seems to me, it tastes better there. And the Finns love blue Fazer the most.
- If your friend collects flags of different countries, then for him - the flag of Finland. They are also sold everywhere here.
- Liquorice. Everyone knows what it is, but for some reason they bring it from Finland. Well, nothing, for friends who do not know - a pleasant surprise)
- Finnish tar shampoo “Tervasshampoo”. He will not please you with the scent, but his hair benefits are beyond doubt!
- Brewed coffee.It is absolutely the same as ours, but it costs three times less.
- Along with the Moomin Trolls are popular in Scandinavia and elk. Keychains with their image and small soft toys are a good gift.
2. Something that is done only in Finland.
- Finca. This is a Finnish knife, it is wildly popular in Finland among locals and tourists. It is practical and durable, suitable for hiking in the woods, for fishing. Finks are different: for butchering game and fish; for carving; ordinary thin knife. He is so stylish that he can decorate the house.
- Kuksa This is a handmade wooden mug. Material for the manufacture of take on the trees, using growths on the roots and stalks. This mug is very durable. If it is real, then you can even drink from it. Remember, according to the inventions, this mug can be washed only with water without soap, because soap takes happiness.
3. Alcohol. It is not cheap here, but if as a gift, I recommend:
- Finlandia. Vodka with cranberries. Head after it does not hurt!
- Salmiakki koskenkorva. The original liqueur, in its composition - ammonium chloride. Finns, in my opinion, do not like him very much. But, as a souvenir from Finland, I think it is very suitable.
- Lapponia.Sweet berry liqueurs made from raspberries, cherries, blueberries, strawberries, black currants and cloudberries are pleasant to the taste, they are very fond of girls.
4. Not very colorful, but still berry wines from Finland are also suitable as a small gift for loved ones.
- Finland is not famous for its winemaking, but have you ever seen gooseberry, white and red currant or rhubarb wines? I also did not see, except in Finland. These are inexpensive wines with a natural aroma and taste of berries.
5. Finnish textile Marimekko.
In Finland, this is probably the most popular brand. Marimekko company produces home clothes, bedding, towels, tablecloths, curtains, mugs and magnets. Their collections are updated every season, and experts from Sweden and even Japan participate in the design and ornamentation. Company ornament Marimekko - poppies of different colors: red, blue and green. By this ornament you can find out absolutely all Marimekko products.