What to cook puff pastry?
Watch the video
Any dough can now be purchased in stores and do not pore over cooking it yourself. Particularly popular is puff pastry or a mixture of puff pastry with yeast. There is a mass of recipes for every taste of what can be cooked from puff pastry. Whether you like sweet pastries, prefer more satisfying unsweetened puff pastry - all this can be cooked on your own. Of course on our portal you can find recipes and other dishes that you can prepare from yeast dough, but let's not “mix” everything in one pile, so:
What to cook puff pastry - recipes
Mozzarella and Tomato Pie
Of course, you can make banal puff pastry pizza. But we suggest you make something original, for example, to make a mozzarella cake and tomatoes from puff pastry.
- puff pastry - 500 gr.
- tomatoes - 500 gr.
- Mozzarella cheese - 500 gr. (you can choose another cheese, but the taste will be different)
- salt pepper
Mozzarella and Tomato Pie Recipe:
- To begin, prepare the ingredients. Cut circles of mozzarella (the size of the circles should be approximately the same as the circles of tomatoes).
- Cut tomatoes - also sliced.
- Now roll out the thinly thawed dough, put it in a baking dish and make small bumpers.
- We lay out 3-4 rows of cheese and tomatoes accordion, alternating between mozzarella - tomato, mozzarella - tomato, as if under each other.
- Salt and pepper the cake from above. You can add different spices.
- Put the pan in the oven, heated to 180 degrees, for 30 minutes.
Sweet pastry with filling can be made from puff pastry. Cherry pies are proof of that.
- puff pastry - 500 gr.
- frozen cherry - 200 gr.
- sugar - 5 tablespoons (the amount depends on the preferences of the family)
Cherry Pies Recipe:
- To begin with, we put the cherries in a bowl, add sugar to the berries and leave for 30 minutes. It is necessary for the cherry to make juice.
- Pour the juice from the cherry in the preparation of pies, we do not need it.
- Roll out puff pastry (let it be about 0.3 cm thick).Cut the dough into small rectangles.
- On the half of the rectangle lay berries.
- Sculpt the patty, covering the cherry with the second half of the rectangle.
- It is best to cover the baking sheet with baking paper, then put the patties in there and brush them with a little oil.
- Place the baking tray in a preheated 180 degree oven for 20 minutes. Wait for the golden-colored pies. Thus, we quickly get delicious puff pastry pies.
What to cook from puff-yeast dough
Sausages in dough
Cooking sausages in the dough itself is easy! You wonder why it is necessary puff-yeast dough? No wonder, because the puff yeast dough will be more easy, and the sausages will not lose their taste because of it, like in yeast.
- puff yeast dough - 500 gr.
- sausages - 8 pcs.
- egg - 1 pc.
- vegetable oil
Sausages recipe in puff-yeast dough:
- Defrost the dough, if it was previously frozen.
- Roll out the dough.
- Cut it into long strips.
- Sausages can be cut along in half, and can be left entirely. If sausages are baked in puff pastry, then they are recommended to be cut in half, otherwise the taste of the dough itself will be lost.
- Twist the sausage into a strip of dough a little diagonal. Remove the ends of the strips under the dough.
- Now put the sausages in the dough on a greased baking sheet, coat the top of the pies with butter. It is advised to use a special brush or wrap gauze stick.
- Put the pan in a preheated 180 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- From time to time grease the dough with a beaten egg. Thus, you get a beautiful ruddy crust.