Which is better: ceramic tiles and porcelain tiles?
Ceramic tiles (tiles) and porcelain tiles in the modern world of repair are considered the most common materials for cladding various types of premises. Neither parquet nor laminate can match their strength. And the thing is that these coatings are made from a mixture of sand, clay and kaolin by pressing and firing. Features ceramic tiles and granite let's take a closer look.
5 features of ceramic tiles
In addition to the variety of proposed colors and forms that can be an ideal complement to the overall design of the room, the tile has many advantages:
- Durability. For 50 years, the tile does not lose its factory characteristics, even when used in non-residential premises.
- Hygiene. Ceramic tiles do not allow moisture, thereby preventing the spread of fungus and mold. In addition, it does not absorb odors.
- Environmental friendliness.Since the tile is made from natural materials, it is not an allergen and does not emit harmful substances into the air.
- Fire resistance High temperatures are not terrible for it, and due to the excellent thermal conductivity, tiles are widely used for floor heating technologies.
- Convenience in operation. The tile does not conduct electricity, so dust is practically not collected on it, which makes cleaning quick and easy.
Stoneware: 5 “for” in favor of this material
Porcelain tile, in contrast to the ceramic tile has a high wear resistance. Provided the material is properly laid, it can withstand loads of up to 200 kilograms per cm2. Its advantages do not end there:
- Resistance to aggressive environment. Even spilled solvent will not leave traces of granite. Due to this material is widely used for cladding industrial premises.
- Multifunctional. This coating is suitable not only for interior work. It can be used for cladding steps to preserve the attractive appearance of buildings for a long time.
- Easy care and hygiene.Porcelain tile does not let moisture in, preventing the reproduction of pathogenic bacteria and fungi. Dust does not stick to it, therefore it is very easy to clean it.
- Geometry. High-quality porcelain tiles have absolutely smooth edges, which makes it possible to achieve ideally even coverage with minimally narrow seams when laying.
- Wide range. A large selection of textures and colors will minimize the difficulty of selecting the flooring to the main colors of the room.
What to choose - tile or porcelain, you decide. But where to choose, there should be no questions. The company Plitker offers its customers a huge selection of high quality coatings for residential and non-residential premises at affordable prices.