Why pulling the belly?
With pulling pain in the abdomen face both men and women. Although, due to the structural features of their genital organs and the endocrine system, the question “Why pulls the stomach?” Is often more interesting for women. If the lower abdomen pulls for a long time, it is necessary to seek medical help.
Why pulls a stomach at women
Pulling pain in the abdomen may occur as a result of physiological changes in the body or signal a dangerous disease.
During ovulation, the abdominal cavity is irritated by follicular fluid, which can cause paroxysmal pain for 12-36 hours.
How to pull the stomach during menstruation, is known to most women. This phenomenon is called algomenorrhea. Such painful sensations are more common in young women and may be associated with a lag in physical development, increased excitability of the central nervous system, improper location of the uterus, inflammation of the genital organs.
Pregnancy related pain
Physiological changes on the background of hormonal adjustment and growth of uterine tissues that occur in the female body in the first trimester of pregnancy, can cause minor pulling pain.
Why does the stomach hurt in the second half of pregnancy? The enlarged uterus stretches the abdominal muscles and displaces the internal organs.
There are a number of causes of pain that pose a danger to the health of a pregnant woman:
- ectopic pregnancy;
- risk of miscarriage;
- premature detachment of the placenta.
Pain associated with gynecological diseases
A lot of "female" diseases associated with pulling pain in the abdomen.
- Inflammation of the ovaries and fallopian tube - pains occur on one or both sides of the abdomen.
- Inflammation of the uterine lining - pain is localized in the middle of the abdomen.
- Endometriosis (the spread of uterine cells outside the body) - pains occur before menstruation and intensify during it.
- Fibroids - a large tumor squeezes the internal organs, causing dull aching pain.
- Ovarian cyst - when the cyst legs are twisted, its blood supply is disturbed and severe pain occurs.
Causes of Abdominal Pain
In addition to female diseases, abdominal pain in both women and men may cause the following diseases:
- Cystitis - inflammation of the mucous tissues of the bladder. Pulling pain usually occurs after urination.
- Varicose veins of the pelvis. Pain occurs after prolonged walking, sexual intercourse, in women - at the beginning of the menstrual cycle.
- Appendicitis. Dull pain occurs in the stomach, gradually increasing and moving to the lower right abdomen.
- Pyelonephritis. Aching pain in the lower back radiates to the lower abdomen.
- Prostate adenoma in men. The nature of the pain varies from dull to piercing.
- Intestinal obstruction and other pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract (constipation, gas accumulation, overeating).
- Hernias of the lumbar spine.
- Malignant tumors of the abdominal cavity and small pelvis.